Home > Trip Reports > Nov 28, ONP, Hurr Hill

Nov 28, ONP, Hurr Hill

11/28/15
WA Olympics
Posted by runcle on 11/28/15 10:47am
Whew! Made it to the Ridge after TWO of the Parks Sanding trucks broke down yesterday leaving many miffed and stranded? Rangers at the kiosk told me the County sanding truck was put into comission to get the job done. It is a mystery to me why the Park is not able to keep their sanding/plow trucks in working condition for opening day? Nuf said...par for the course for access to Hurricane....

No shirts necessary today while touring.....downright hot up there on southern exposures but slim pickings on the Hill for turns. Looked like possible pow in shaded and wind free zones.  etc. Inversion, sun, wind creating some funky layers within the snowpack...a mixed bag.  Pics tell the story....
Thanks for the report.

Did you use your bike, or just skis and feet?

author=telemack link=topic=34905.msg143415#msg143415 date=1448822164]
Did you use your bike, or just skis and feet?

Yea, it looks like one could almost used a bike but it's better than last year.

E99ed (action verb) out to Waterhole today....nice track in there now for those that like that kind of pain.  Cranked and survived a few turns below Steeple in the sun! Maybe I can make it to Obst next round if there isn't too much snow. Got a nice tan....

Looks like a few Tayers made their way up to Victor Bowl, tracks seen on the south side on Switchback.  Curious how that is shaping up?

Nice!  I made it out to Hurricane Hill today (nov 29) - scant coverage but I managed a few turns before it turned into rock :-)
I saw a couple people with bikes on the Obstruction Point road as I was driving up...might have been easier than skinning!

Reply to this TR

nov-28-onp-hurr-hill
runcle
2015-11-28 18:47:22