Crystal - 11/26 Happy T-Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Nov 2015 15:17 #225086 by ddk
Crystal - 11/26 Happy T-Day was created by ddk
Happy fun T-day to everyone….It was a nice day on the mountain. Arrived late (8:15), but early enough, still close to the front of the “free” part of the A lot. Pretty cold down low but no obvious big winds. Gondy started up loading at 8:50, no noticeable winds, off load at the top…My Oh My the wind is blowing. Boiler plate ice heading up towards the top lodge…skis on and back to the Hamster treadmill (even more so for me today than normal). Main bowl skier right was firm early with tired legs and no brain ( not unusual). But next run and every other Hamster run were pretty happy. Sunny and high traffic areas not to pleasant, the ridge at the top of the GV chair was blown ice skating nice and smooth from all the ice pellets and wind. Crowd was very nice T-day small, not much lift line and mostly no singles line which was a very happy thing. (4 minute ride, 1 or 2 minute run…short lift line is a big plus). Rocks and brush are popping out more and more. Snow is really firm till the top crust is skied off…how long can that keep happening before more rock and grass and dirt show up? A few regulars, but mostly Alpy folks looking for some turns (not that there is anything wrong with that!) Fun short morning…keep working those skiing muscles into shape – slowly.

Other - Heard the soup at the top was Tomato something. Views off the top were very !ig. Winds were even !igger (but from the right direction so the lifts kept spinning). Many sad folks suffering the conditions.

Other Other – A lot was full, lots of walkers riding the bucket to look at the !ig views.

Might take a day or to off to let the maybe crowds ski the rest of the snow off the Valley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.