Home > Trip Reports > November 21, 2015, Mt Hood, Ice and Corn

November 21, 2015, Mt Hood, Ice and Corn

11/21/15
OR Mt Hood
Posted by cascadekid on 11/21/15 6:10am
Up the mile around 10 am, decided to boot it up to illumination saddle with the spikes, knowing it was going to b horrible and I'd have to walk back down.

ZigZag: Reasonable coverage. Super-chunk shiny ice surface. Started raining significant ice from the crater in the sun around 11:30 am

Palmer/Mile: spring conditions! T-shirt weather and the surface corned up around  1 pm making for some less that crappy skiing. They're putting the cable on the palmer lift, so that sucker's gonna be turning soon.

I gave up trying to post photos. This site sucks to use.
author=cascadekid link=topic=34848.msg143227#msg143227 date=1448143833]
I gave up trying to post photos. This site sucks to use.

1. Point your browser to http://www.imgur.com (if you're on a mobile device, imgur offers an app for all platforms)
2. Upload your photos there, you don't even need an account
3. For each image you want to share, put it inside a pair of img tags

Or, update the site.

author=pipedream link=topic=34848.msg143240#msg143240 date=1448178486]
1. Point your browser to http://www.imgur.com (if you're on a mobile device, imgur offers an app for all platforms)
2. Upload your photos there, you don't even need an account
3. For each image you want to share, put it inside a pair of img tags: /> e.g.

Always appreciate a post from Hood.  Thanks cascadekid.  I could be wrong but I think the image capabilities are kept low because this is a free forum.  Someone has to pay for storage and bandwidth and whomever that is WE THANK YOU!  Pipedream is right it is easy to add images to posts using the "img" code.  You can add images from your own facebook page but those images do not link back to your facebook so your page remains anonymous! 

To post an image from facebook simply repeat these steps for each image you want to share.

- Go to the image
- Right-click the image
- Select "Copy Image Location" from the pop-up menu
- Go to your post in turns-all-year
- Paste what you copied between the "img" codes pipedream lists above

The images below are from my facebook page. (notice they don't link back to FB)

MOUNT HOOD NEWTON CREEK

MOUNT HOOD NEWTON CREEK

TETON PASS

WALLOWA ALPINE HUTS

Although it is easy to link to images off the site I think there is a strong argument for getting more storage. If you look back at old TRs those with broken links to old images have little value. Those that choose to use the sites attachment system on the other hand are like twenty dollar bills you find in an old pair of jeans. That is why I use the sites attachment system even though I could also show off with my pretty linked photos:

I'm with cascadekid- this site does kind of suck to use; no disrespect- when the site was created, I'm sure the look, feel and technology were current. However, let's be honest, this site looks like a 1999 AOL page.... Let's just say it is "dated." There's lots of free, new, robust and current forum software available, the most obvious being phpBB. WordPress is also free and 100% customizable. I'd love to see this site overhauled at some point to incorporate features such as easy photo management and browsing of all photos.

Anyway, that's my two cents, and I agree about the bandwidth however, it's not cheap or free...

Reply to this TR

november-21-2015-mt-hood-ice-and-corn
cascadekid
2015-11-21 14:10:33