Home > Trip Reports > November 3, 2015, Paradise to Camp Muir

November 3, 2015, Paradise to Camp Muir

11/3/15
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by butteredstuffs on 11/5/15 4:32am
There were 20+ cars in the parking lot at Paradise by the time we sauntered in at 10am.  Up at Muir there was some wind effect and patches of thin dust on very hard crust. The rest of the snowfield though was very surfable powder.  From the bottom of the snowfield to the tree line I was extremely grateful to be riding my rock gear, and even still have some new Ptex projects.  From the tree line down to the car there was 1-1.5 feet of freshies on top of nothing, but mercifully it was a much less sharp version of nothing.  With the exception of one small stream crossing it was continuous coverage all the way back to the car.  We slipped through the gate at 4:50pm and off into rush hour.

I frequently rely on these trip reports to make last minute touring decisions, so I'm going to try giving back a bit more this year.  Hopefully I'll get them posted same-day in the future :-)

author=butteredstuffs link=topic=34713.msg142857#msg142857 date=1446755533]
I frequently rely on these trip reports to make last minute touring decisions, so I'm going to try giving back a bit more this year.  Hopefully I'll get them posted same-day in the future :-)

Thank you!!  Looking forward to your same day helpful conditions reports.

Reply to this TR

november-3-2015-paradise-to-camp-muir
butteredstuffs
2015-11-05 12:32:13