Home > Forum > November 28, 2005, Crystal Mt

November 28, 2005, Crystal Mt

• TomK
  • [TomK]
More
29 Nov 2005 03:49 #211994 by TomK
November 28, 2005, Crystal Mt was created by TomK
11/28/05 - On Monday we got up at 5 AM to make the drive, rolled over and slept in till a more reasonable hour. Made it up to Crystal for the 12:30 start of the afternoon ticket. Cold (20F), overcast that made for flat light, and a strong wind along the ridgelines (Sailed downwind between Rex & GV) made for an OK, but not spectacular day on the slopes. Skied right onto the lifts all day so that was nice. Snow cover is getting beat up pretty bad with icy spots in the high traveled areas, ccasional brown snow in cat tracks, and off-piste was nothing to venture out there for, even with a couple of 4-turn freshies found. No High-C today (I'd guess wind hold) TomK & Kerry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nappingonarock
  • [nsotak]
More
30 Nov 2005 09:01 #211995 by Nappingonarock
Replied by Nappingonarock on topic Re: November 28, 2005, Crystal Mt
I would like to hear a report from anyone who heads up on Saturday or Sunday... The latest report calls for 0.75" water equiv. of precipitation! <br><br>That should take care of a lot of the coverage/brown snow problems.<br><br>nick

• rnbfish
  • [rnbfish]
More
30 Nov 2005 10:41 #211996 by rnbfish
Replied by rnbfish on topic Re: November 30, 2005, Crystal Mt
was up today. epic pow. no lines. but still a lot of rocks and trees that need covering. a bit spiney on top of 6. fresh all day long.

More
30 Nov 2005 15:17 #211998 by Merk
Replied by Merk on topic Re: November 28, 2005, Crystal Mt
i'll vouch for that. Pow was awesome today. definately needs more coverage (esp chair 6). south was open north was closed.