Home > Trip Reports > July 28, 2015, Mt. Hood, Palmer Glacier

July 28, 2015, Mt. Hood, Palmer Glacier

7/28/15
OR Mt Hood
Posted by caverpilot on 7/31/15 10:52am
Thanks to the "motivational" photos of Jonathan_S., I decided to keep my 20-month streak alive and hoof it up to the Palmer after work this week. There's definitely a "bit" of good snow up there, but it took me about 100 minutes to hike to the top of the Palmer lift, and about two minutes of skiing to the bottom of the run out, at the bottom of the Palmer.

So, I still have my streak alive, but I certainly wonder how many folks are done this summer considering the dismal conditions in the PNW. Seems like a total of 16 reports for July is a bad, bad sign.

To keep it interesting, I've skied nude for the last three months, trying to earn as many GNAR points as possible! (Cooper Spur in June and Montana backcountry in May)

Anyway, NEVER A BAD DAY ON SKIS, here's some photos, enjoy! (The weather was glorious!)

Thanks for the TR and also for leaving your "exposure" to our imagination  :)
This weekend is the last for Timberline lifts.  I hope there will be something left for pilgrims from WA.

Absolutely scary how little snow is on Hood for this time of year.  The era of Peter Ward is coming sooner than we think. Whoa.

Reply to this TR

july-28-2015-mt-hood-palmer-glacier
caverpilot
2015-07-31 17:52:22