July 21, 2015 Blackcomb Mountain

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Jul 2015 12:05 - 26 Jul 2015 12:23 #224685 by telemack
July 21, 2015 Blackcomb Mountain was created by telemack
My wife and I did a pre-60th birthday getaway to Whistler last week, which gave the chance to earn July turns with the credit card rather than "taking the skis for a walk".  The longest approach was humping skis and boots to the Upper Village.  2 chair rides, a bus ride, and rain beginning on 7th Heaven got us to the Horstman Glacier. 
Getting yanked up the Horstman T-Bar over sections of bare glacier in the rain? Priceless!  Lisa did two runs, and allowed that her cataract surgeries improved her vision on the slopes and made wearing goggles fun again.  After two more runs I was soaked and the Hut beckoned with hot lunch.  We felt so accomplished dragging our gear back through the Village that we had to order nachos and a jalapeno-jerky Bloody Mary. Gotta love that summer wilderness-ski experience! 
There really were only a couple runs worth of relocated groomed snow, and today was the last day for summer skiing.
94 months of TAY   :)
Thanks Jonathan S. for the Timberline info.  Could be tough to get 8 years, let alone the big 100/triple figures in this climate. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.