Home > Trip Reports > June 7, 2015, Enchantments

June 7, 2015, Enchantments

6/7/15
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Kylecoxon on 6/15/15 3:24am
First ever TAY trip report!

"Those your skis?....Both of them?"

This became the common question other hikers asked as our group slogged upward to Colchuck Lake in the 90degree mid day sun. However, as soon as we reached Aasgard Pass and the snowfields of the upper Enchantments we knew it was well worth bringing the skis.

The Enchantments offer some of the best scenery in Washington and conveniently lend themselves perfectly to skiing the many stair steps from lake to lake. The entire range requires a permit for overnight access from June 15-Oct 15 so this weekend was timed perfectly.

After a long first day we only skied a few short laps before setting up camp and watching the evening  sun set on Prusik Peak. The next morning we woke up and got strait to work harvesting the morning corn and finding endless lines through the granite cliffs.

I've wanted to hike the Enchantments for years and am glad to have first experienced them with some sticks on my feet.

Photo Credit: Matt Burrows
Welcome to TAY, Kyle.  Thanks for the report.  I love skiing in the enchantments.  I heard it was pretty crowded up there this weekend.  Sounds like you were the only skiers though.  I hope I bump into you in the mountains some time. 

author=mikerolfs link=topic=34369.msg141867#msg141867 date=1434869828]
Welcome to TAY, Kyle.  Thanks for the report.  I love skiing in the enchantments.  I heard it was pretty crowded up there this weekend.  Sounds like you were the only skiers though.  I hope I bump into you in the mountains some time. 

Hey Mike! Good to see your on TAY as well. We will have to get out on a trip sometime!

Reply to this TR

june-7-2015-enchantments
Kylecoxon
2015-06-15 10:24:45