Home > Forum > Sunrise Beta?

Sunrise Beta?

• Lot 2
  • [Ratler]
More
11 Jun 2015 09:58 #224625 by Lot 2
Sunrise Beta? was created by Lot 2
Anyone had eyes on the snow and surrounding peaks at Sunrise?

I'd like to spend an afternoon at the Burroughs, they're usually good for an early summer day. Fairly skeptical that this will be the case this year, but fishing for a beta/visual report of the current conditions all the same.

Much thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 10:17 #224626 by CurtF
Replied by CurtF on topic Re: Sunrise Beta?
I checked it out last Sunday. No skinable snow until the saddle between Second and Third Burroughs. Once there, you can skin all the way to Third Burroughs summit. There was a continuous line (just barely) down to the bottom on the N side of Third Burroughs. I skinned back up and back to the saddle. I then skied one of the lines from the saddle on the N side down into Berkley Park. None of the usual lines on the N side of Burrows itself was continuous. Only one line on the N side of Sourdough Ridge was continuous from the top down to the bottom -- the last wide one. None of the other narrower, steeper lines looked to be continuous but I did not scope them out from the bottom, only looked at them from the top. Things looked much more like late July than early June. :'(

• Lot 2
  • [Ratler]
More
11 Jun 2015 10:51 #224627 by Lot 2
Replied by Lot 2 on topic Re: Sunrise Beta?
Yikes, that is exactly what I was afraid of. Continuing this train of though.....

Spray Park anyone?

Thanks

More
11 Jun 2015 11:28 #224628 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: Sunrise Beta?
bring a bike if you plan to hit Spray Park before June 19th... Park Service still using all their resources on Stevens Canyon Rd work and they haven't opened the Mowich Lk Road to cars yet.

www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/road-status.htm

• Lot 2
  • [Ratler]
More
11 Jun 2015 11:31 #224629 by Lot 2
Replied by Lot 2 on topic Re: Sunrise Beta?
Well..... If they are serious about a June 19th opening, mayhaps I wait a weekend. Thanks for the intel. ;D