Home > Trip Reports > June 7-8 Kautz is outz

June 7-8 Kautz is outz

6/7/15
Posted by kamtron on 6/9/15 2:45am
Andres and I skied down from 12,400 ft on the Kautz glacier at about 11 am yesterday. The lower crux was barely holding snow, and when I made a turn into it the hollow snow dinner-plated off. The glacial ice was soft in the heat, so we didn't have too much trouble skiing down the dirty ice.
Guinea piggin. Eesh.

ahh, you guys are who we were looking over at from the Kautz cleaver route. We were wondering why we didn't see you as we ended up skiing the standard Kautz route from the summit. looks like you started skiing …
We were only 15 minutes behind you.

Were you the guys looking at the route from the bridge with me? Yeah we saw you two descending the Van Trump and Turtle as we packed up camp and wondered where you'd come from. Nice work on the cleaver

author=kamtron link=topic=34352.msg141912#msg141912 date=1435207798]
Were you the guys looking at the route from the bridge with me? Yeah we saw you two descending the Van Trump and Turtle as we packed up camp and wondered where you'd come from. Nice work on the cleaver

No, we didn't meet at the bridge. Thanks, the cleaver was sweet. Sustained pitch for ages. Shame it was so cupped out as it would be a great ski.

Where were you guys camped? I thought I saw you guys poking around on the Wapowerty at about 8000' around 6pm the 7th.

Reply to this TR

june-7-8-kautz-is-outz
kamtron
2015-06-09 09:45:45