Home > Trip Reports > June 4, 2015, Whistler/Flute Side Country

June 4, 2015, Whistler/Flute Side Country

6/4/15
Canada BC
Posted by avajane on 6/4/15 4:41pm
Warm cloud cover overnight brought no crust recovery so even first thing (1030) the snow was soft and wet. Fog and cloud hung everywhere. Went over to Flute one more time and saw that the ridge I'd skied a few days ago was red rock. Hung out on top hoping for clearing. I thought I might head to Obeo but by the time it started to clear below 6500' it was getting too late. As I skied the back of Flute towards the shoulder I saw that Obeo had enough snow and would be skiable for a while. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I ended up settling for skiing the saddle and it was actually pretty good turns before getting thick at the bottom. The whole bench below Lesser Flute was melting out and running with water. Partial clearing while I skinned back up to Harmony at the end of the day. It was fun to ski Little Whistler so smooth. As it melts out without skiers it just gets flat and smooth. Hate to say it but my final run of my Season was Pika's Traverse. Not a soul off Peak Chair and maybe a couple dozen on it. By now the skiers are just an annoyance for the mountain.  The last weekend would only be worth it for the great weather and fun village. North facing slopes above 6,000' - not awful.

Reply to this TR

june-4-2015-whistler-flute-side-country
avajane
2015-06-04 23:41:48