Home > Trip Reports > May 24, 2015, - Cloud play on Mt Daniel

May 24, 2015, - Cloud play on Mt Daniel

5/24/15
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by Lowell_Skoog on 5/25/15 4:45am
Some really nice set of shots there, Lowell!
Way to sneak in a neat looking trip, with gloomy, doomy forecasting keeping most of us sidelined into domestic affairs. Bravo!

Inspirational! Don't know if you don't...

author=shred link=topic=34305.msg141576#msg141576 date=1432585662]
Some really nice set of shots there, Lowell!
Way to sneak in a neat looking trip, with gloomy, doomy forecasting keeping most of us sidelined into domestic affairs. Bravo!

Thanks Jeff. We saw your group's entry in the Mt Daniel summit register on May 20. I was surprised that there had been no other entries yet this year.

Nice work Lowell! Thanks for posting. There's high likelihood I'll be there or on baker or both this coming long weekend for myself.

Very good timing of a window in that pesky weather we have been having lately.  The clouds must have been fascinating to watch.

I would be interested in more details on the "cross-country route out of the Cle Elum River valley" approach - would you mind to elaborate?  How was snow?

...go! 

Agree with the others, nice photography.  Well-played, timed trip.  Also curious to see your route.

That black and white is my favorite.  Lowell you take great pictures.

Did you drive all the way to the trail head?

Great TR, route, and photos :)!  We were adventuring in the clouds nearby.

Just wanted to add one number (we didn't ski, but the number's been hard to find); skiable snowline on the SE side of Chickamin was ~5200' Sunday/Monday.

Nice. Looked pretty good over your way from Fortune/Ingalls this weekend.

author=ps44 link=topic=34305.msg141581#msg141581 date=1432597919">I would be interested in more details on the "cross-country route out of the Cle Elum River valley" approach - would you mind to elaborate?
Dunno how Lowell went, but there are a couple ways, e.g.,  our descent route a few years ago

Here is a 13 MB low-quality cell phone panorama taken from Fortune Pk. in the Teanaway at 11:06  on May 24th showing the clouds spilling through the gaps in the Cascade crest.

Thanks for the inspiring post, Lowell.  That is such a beautiful area to ski that it makes one forget all the dirt-walking involved in getting there.  Were you able to skin much from Squaw Lake to Cathedral Pass?  Below is a nice pano of me and James H. when we were there 3 years ago.  It appears that now TWO people with last-name Freeman have skied Lynch.  Maybe there are more.  I've been thinking that a great trip would be to camp for a few nights at Lynch Draw and ski Lynch, Diptop, Hinman and Daniel.  In a normal snow year I hope it would be a good run from the lake outlet down to the base of Hinman.  Anyone skied that, or Diptop?    We should go sometime.

Reply to this TR

may-24-2015-cloud-play-on-mt-daniel
Lowell_Skoog
2015-05-25 11:45:05