Home > Trip Reports > May 10, 2015, Fortune and Ingalls Peaks (VIDEO)

May 10, 2015, Fortune and Ingalls Peaks (VIDEO)

5/10/15
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 5/15/15 10:25pm
Video - http://thesnowtroopers.com/2015/teanaway-wa-fortune-and-ingalls-peaks/

This past Sunday (5/10/15), I was going to meet up with the gang around 7:30 AM, on Snoqualmie Pass, to roll for the Teanaway to find the last of the easy access, good corn. Well, at 7:30 Jeff called me from my parking lot, to mention they were rolling back to North Bend to look for 4 pairs of skis that flew off the ski rack on I-90. Long story short (minus all of the puking feelings, from everyone, including myself and they weren€™t even my boards, but have been there before), half the crew called it a day as Carl and Jeff rolled back to the city to rally some more boards. As you will see in the video below they found some in Jeff€™s garage, however they only found one for Carl to go with the one and only good ski they found on the freeway. Crazy day, and I can€™t believe we actually got into the Teanaway and ski a BIG day. We started from the Esmeralda Basin TH and headed towards Fortune Peak, to start our late day. We found great corn skiing, but we all agreed it was the last good trip to this zone, for this season (as we skied the final pitch of Fortune peak on 6 to 8 inches).

BTW, if anyone has heard of someone finding usable boards (to ski or make a coat rack  :-[ ) on I-90 last Sunday, please give a shout!

Fun video!  Pretty bold skiing.  Second string on one foot makes it better.

Great video, thanks.  The snow is going all too fast.

Nice vid, TNT!
The day was salvaged ;)

To the great folks of TAY: if you could keep your eyes peeled for our set ups, that would be Greatly appreciated!
184Cm K2 Annex 98's with Dynaslipper White Speed Radicals
180 something BD Zelots (Blue) with Dynafit Beasts
160 something ONP3 Pink Girl skis (not sure of model) with TLT Radicals
They are most likely a little banged up ( after flying out of the ski rack at 60mph)... however, somebody did  pick them up, before we could retrieve them... as they left one pair, that had been destroyed.
A shot in the dark... but a shot non the less :)

Great video! The part where Jeff casually drops in on a timelapse cloud shot tweaked me out a bit!

Reply to this TR

may-10-2015-fortune-and-ingalls-peaks-video
The Snow Troopers
2015-05-16 05:25:55