April 27, 2015 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Apr 2015 19:05 #224486 by Zap
April 27, 2015 Timberline was created by Zap

Jill and I started skiing at 9:30am and it was too late. It was in the high 30's overnight and the snow pack did not freeze. The snow storm on Friday and Saturday was powder on the weekend but then the heat came overnight . We skied trails off Stormin' Norman, Magic Mile and Palmer lifts. The tracks off the groomers from over the weekend showed rocks that were covered by a bit of fresh snow. Oops! The groomers have good coverage. I spoke to a Timberline employee who was spreading salt from her pack blower and spraying it in key places in the lower terrain park. The Stormin' Norman and Magic Mile lifts have 3 trails groomed with good coverage, but do not leave the trail or your skis/board will need work on the bottoms. The Palmer only had one trail groomed. Our last trip here was on March 30, and it's still in pretty good shape. The snow from the recent storm has not started the freeze/thaw cycle so it was very slow and getting slushy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• blackdog102395
  • [blackdog102395]
More
27 Apr 2015 19:34 #224487 by blackdog102395
Replied by blackdog102395 on topic Re: April 27, 2015 Timberline
Saturday was exceptional with over a foot in the trees. It was my son's first real powder day. At one point he got stuck and I told him, "No friends on a powder day." He responded, "What about sons." He had me there.

Sunday was spent in the backcountry low on Zigzag to avoid the hoards of side country heros. Again, conditions were great.

Winter finally arrived, it just took until late April.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.