April 22, 2015 Whistler

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Apr 2015 09:24 #224461 by avajane
April 22, 2015 Whistler was created by avajane
The cold front that moved in Tuesday night did more harm than good. The report was that two inches had fallen overnight, but I was hoping there was more on top. Skidding over to Peak Chair was intermittently very loud. The ride up showed that yesterday afternoons rains had frozen into clear water icicles on the cliffs below. It looked nice making fresh tracks all the way down Upper Peak to Creek, and then Frontier Pass, and Hiway 86...but it really wasn't. I decided to try to scoot over to a closed Harmony for my next run. Not only did patrol allow that - they had also groomed Harmony Piste, GS, and the road back to Emerald. It really wasn't that bad as the picture of powder turns shows. Off piste was a different story, as the top of every bump, and the remnants of every old track, was as hard as a rock. My little check our run under the lift yielded no turns at all.

Six inches of new snow would make the Alpine great again. Otherwise, you'll have to wait again for freeze thaw to come back and at least give a few hours of predictable skiing in the afternoon. Based on the predictability of this years storms - I went home.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 18:17 #224497 by TonyM
Replied by TonyM on topic Re: April 22, 2015 Whistler
Looks good! Love that area, and Whistler in general.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.