Crystal - 04/17

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Apr 2015 17:18 #224429 by ddk
Crystal - 04/17 was created by ddk
Fun day as usual – what would you expect from me…fairly light early crowd and bottom gate problems gave me a solo bucket up the mountain – dang? All that pacing around, looking at the big sunny views…all the nice ski lines down PB and the King (ouch!). Great early morning screamer sunny groomers, totally trenching quality nice soft…and the off piste got happy very early (the sunny spots at least). Crowd felt happy light, just enough fun folks to make a great day. Skiing with the Ferks! and Curmudgeon Keith and Neil and Colin and everyone else it was a great fun day. Big line late morning was Grubstake (The Bi…ch) – fast big nice soft and got deeper all day – to Anns fav run! Gotta say when its primo, I really like that bumpy tree line. West Face took a while to go off and was fun in the ungroomed early afternoon. Some cluster line required effort (except when I was being social and skiing with folks) mid to late morning…and then no line at all for the rest of the day. Kinda sticky in some flat spots during the day, but you could find ways around them that were not to painfully jerky.

Other – Checked the situation at the top for the soup report….but spaced and have no clue, except for the fact that all the food looked way more fancy and expensive than at Blackcomb.

Other other – GV bowl and pretty much everywhere up there (except for maybe the high traverse to Grubstake) are still in great shape and no rocks are seen anywhere (unless you have primo virgin skis).

Other other other – A lot looked like it might have been pretty full, but at 2pm it was half empty. Drive down was happy and fast and pleasant….other than the guy that flew by me at Camp Sheppard ( a state officer had him pulled over just this side of Greenwater – he passed me again by Mud Mountain (not going any slower, and freaking out some slow drivers! Ouch!)

Long report, not much time left at Crystal. Gonna check out the weekend mess…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.