Home > Trip Reports > April 7, 2015, Lassen Park fresh

April 7, 2015, Lassen Park fresh

4/7/15
US elsewhere
Posted by jtack on 4/11/15 2:33am
Returning from a bike trip in the southwest we decided to try and ski Lassen, but the spring corn we had envisioned was not to be.  A storm came through and put down about six or seven inches of pretty good snow, but closed easy access to the mountain.  It was still storming when we arrived and the road to the south entrance was quite slick.  I made a couple of laps out of the visitors center and had a great time.  I also had a chance to try my new home built skis  (the Wenatchee Speed Project) and they worked very well.  We spent the night in Susanville CA and enjoyed the beer and garlic cheesy fries at the Pioneer Pub as recommended by Chiconsticks.  I also gave my new skis a slight Rolfing, not a full contact Rolfing though.

Signs of volcanic activity (fumaroles)

Light contact Rolfing.

Full contact Rolfing! (these are brand new skis)
Sounds like a great trip.  Glad you are back in town!

author=jtack link=topic=34091.msg140707#msg140707 date=1428773595]
Full contact Rolfing

HA!  There's been a lot of that this year.
This is from a tour near Mission Ridge today :)

Glad you enjoyed the cheesy bacon fries Jamie! Did you Mtn bike in Susanville?

Rolfing!

I'm going to use it now.  Thoroughly and well coined.

We did not bike, it was snowing like crazy, but we were hoping we could.  I think it just made it all the more important to get back to ski and bike.  We found a great BLM camp on the way home. 

Dan this winter has been all about Rolfing, we went for a great ski today, in Clara lake basin and there was plenty of full contact Rolfing on the way out!!!

Hope you are getting some turns, it might be time to "discover" some new routes at Washington Pass!!!

Yes!  Let's go discover some secret stashes  ;D

I just rolled in from a desert trip so I'm looking for snow... Rolfing too!

Reply to this TR

april-7-2015-lassen-park-fresh
jtack
2015-04-11 09:33:15