Home > Trip Reports > Alpental Still Going Barely

Alpental Still Going Barely

4/15/15
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by snakeman on 4/6/15 3:10am
Nice day for a tour. The skin track up the south side of Debbies Gold was quite good considering the lack of snow. Only a couple of creek crossings.
Continued up the Edelweiss side. The usual route through Upper
Rollin was very sketchy so we continued to Schluct where we had to boot pack about 50 feet. Had a nice cool one at the top and headed down International. Snow was consolidated but still nice skiing down Upper International. Lower I to the left side was reasonably good as the sun baked crust had soften making for some nice high speed turns. From the cat track down was challenging to say the least. Had to remove the skis about 1/2 the way down Sessel. Slush with rocks below not very enticing.

Looks like Silver Peak will not be a spring option this year. Really like the hike and run towards Lake Annette.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90415057@N06/sets/72157651730207756/
Looks like fun. Not sure about later in the Spring but Silver was killer this past Saturday...

Looks very good. Would have headed there if I though it would be that good. Were you able to drive to Windy Pass?

How was the snow to Lake Annette if you went that direction.

Thanks  for the report.

author=snakeman link=topic=34057.msg140577#msg140577 date=1428345905]
Looks very good. Would have headed there if I though it would be that good. Were you able to drive to Windy Pass?

How was the snow to Lake Annette if you went that direction.

Thanks  for the report.

Drove all the way to the top. The face down to Lake Annette was super bare, probably non-skiable.

Reply to this TR

alpental-still-going-barely
snakeman
2015-04-06 10:10:05