Home > Forum > Whistler Fun

Whistler Fun

• CookieMonster
  • [CookieMonster]
More
30 Mar 2015 14:55 #224330 by CookieMonster
Whistler Fun was created by CookieMonster
I was up at Whistler over the weekend. My brother and I managed to catch the Saturday / Sunday storm, which made for fun conditions in soft, heavy snow. If anyone here is really jonesing for a fix, I think it'd be worth your time for two days. Most of both upper mountains are open and pretty well filled-in. It could be a really good corn harvest this year, and while I was gratetful for fresh stuff, it would have been just as nice in warm, sunny conditions.

Two photos. On our way down from the top of Blackcomb. My younger brother is the good-looking one in the blue jacket!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• runningclouds
  • [runningclouds]
More
31 Mar 2015 10:38 #224334 by runningclouds
Replied by runningclouds on topic Re: Whistler Fun
Yeah it was fun, the snow was decent until 11 AM on Sunday, afterwards it deteriorated pretty quickly. Lots of snow in the forecast but still Backcomb will close 1 month earlier this year. This might complicate Spearhead Traverse trips.

Whistler Blackcomb (WB) usually closes Whistler Mountain for spring operations, but made the switch this year for several reasons — the biggest one being the unusually low snowfall this season and how Blackcomb’s south-facing terrain will be more difficult to maintain into the spring.

www.whistlerquestion.com/news/local-news...n-april-19-1.1809033

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Mar 2015 14:53 #224338 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: Whistler Fun
IIRC, they did something similar at the end of the 2004-2005 season. Ran Whistler in the alpine until Memorial Day then switched over to the Blackcomb Glacier.