Home > Forum > Crystal - 03/25 Opening Day Again!

Crystal - 03/25 Opening Day Again!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Mar 2015 14:43 #224295 by ddk
Bottom line report - it was fun....Rest of the the long winded to wordy report.....Gotta say today was a “BIG !!!!!” powder day for this season…sadly in a very limited area…sadly with the pow crowd coming out of hibernation! sadly in the spring when great pow fads away to early (especially with a pow frenzy). Got to Crystal way to early, but just barely early enough to beat the early morning line up…Looked like opening day, snow on the road up the Blvd. Big pile of snow in the middle of the A lot (saving it for a rainy day? or to use on the base slopes soon???) White all over the mountain…it really did look like opening day for the season. Lineup for the Bucket wrapped up around the Shish-ka-bob shack heading towards the central stairs….maybe not bad if that had been the total crowd. Looking back at A lot from the first Bucket – it didn’t look that bad…but the up load mass of full buckets continued till way past 10:30. Visually the upper mountains look great – REX open again soon? Early frenzy crowd cut up everything available very rapidly – but those first half dozen runs (before GV line slowed the pace) were pretty fine. Well above the boots (somewhere Knee deep? Heard rumors, felt pretty deep in lots of places I did), untracked (not totally the worker bees and a few skinners managed to cut up a lot of places) but it was fun winter again. Lots of very happy folks (maybe to many). Sadly the vis kept improving up top as the clouds (sadly) broke to allow filtered baking hot sun….Bailed way way to early for opening day…since the cut up pow was working its spring magic into “perfect nasty compressed mashed potatoes”. It will be great on the groomers tomorrow, but off piste might be a little challenging. Lots of snow dropping off the trees and from slides will pretty much muck up everything.

Other – Don’t have a clue about food up top today. A parking lot was pretty full except for the big huge snow pile in the middle of it (and the empty dead zone around it). Cars parked down to the shuttle load in C and a few rows in B (ouch that massive nasty pent up crowd – please go away). Quit way to early but what I did was fun. Day off for family things tomorrow, but Friday looks nice still on the weather – please everybody go golfing or something, just don’t go up to Crystal and please open up REX!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
25 Mar 2015 19:52 #224302 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 03/25 Opening Day Again!
enough all ready DDK...I' m going to ski my 2nd day at Crystal since january 1st..tomorrow..I know I'll regret it...and you will hear about it

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Mar 2015 20:41 #224308 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 03/25 Opening Day Again!

enough all ready DDK...I' m going to ski my 2nd day at Crystal since january 1st..tomorrow..I know I'll regret it...and you will hear about it

Okay...its getting kinda late...and I'm still waiting to hear how bad day number two for you at Crystal was? ps I like lower case yelling at me! Since I be a kinda low key quiet kinda guy! ha ha!