Home > Trip Reports > March 24, 2015, Alpental

March 24, 2015, Alpental

3/24/15
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cyril on 3/24/15 2:45pm
About a foot of new up top.  I walked up Sessel in sneakers, and just stayed in them as the snow got solid in Lower I.  At the bottom of Upper I got into touring mode, and marveled at all the slide paths.  The entire middle of Nash was slid out as if patrol had bombed it.  The lift shack was a nice place to get into downhill style, and I enjoyed boot deep turns all the way down to the bottom of Lower International.  It was fun enough to inspire me to do three more laps up top, turning around each time near the Snake Dance gate.  
 With some aggressive ski cutting in steep parts I noticed it wasn't running very far or deep, but it still had me a little nervous especially being solo.  The snow was cakey and on the wet side but not actual mank or slop, just your average wet foot of spring snow.  
 The exit was less painful than I anticipated; good skiing almost to Sessel, then a nice finger of snow that got me almost as low as the top of St. Bernard.  15 minute easy walk down from there.  
 So thankful that I was able to catch the low snow level and get about 6000 vert for an afternoon tour, especially because I live far from any mountains in coastal California, and was up here for a memorial only, and thinking there was no chance I would ski.  
 will try to post some photos tomorrow

Reply to this TR

march-24-2015-alpental
cyril
2015-03-24 21:45:13