Home > Forum > Stevens Pass area this weekend - ideas?

Stevens Pass area this weekend - ideas?

• krowe
  • [krowe]
More
12 Feb 2015 22:26 #223880 by krowe
My valentine and I booked a cabin a while ago assuming that mid-February would be a good time to do some tours and inbounds skiing in the Stevens Pass area. Well shit.

Anyone have ideas on where to bring the skis? I feel like we'll need to get above tree level to get softer snow, but without a volcano and road access to 5k I'm not sure where to go. We are staying near Leavenworth, so icicle creek / 8 mile rd area is fair game (however I'm not sure how far you can drive up those roads either).

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2015 08:52 #223882 by Jonas
Could be tough. My guess is icicle creek area tours are too low coverage unless you want to carry a long way. Around Stevens it sounds like Lichtenberg is ok. Taking smith brook to union or jove is probably an option. Personally i would probably go to rock mountain... at least in Jan the alpine was well covered and could be good corn this weekend. Good luck!

• aaron_wright
  • [aaron_wright]
More
13 Feb 2015 09:15 #223884 by aaron_wright
Replied by aaron_wright on topic Re: Stevens Pass area this weekend - ideas?
Maybe you can rent paddleboards and hit the river or Lake Wenatchee. Bring your roadbikes.

More
13 Feb 2015 09:27 #223885 by Pete_H
Replied by Pete_H on topic Re: Stevens Pass area this weekend - ideas?
Jonas has the right idea. I'd stay out of the Icicle and go for high south aspects. Rock or Lichtenburg probably the best objectives.

• TPDazzle
  • [TPDazzle]
More
13 Feb 2015 13:31 #223887 by TPDazzle
Replied by TPDazzle on topic Re: Stevens Pass area this weekend - ideas?
You might be able to get Scottish Lakes backcountry cabins to give you a ride to 5000 feet.  You can tour pretty easily into the Chiwaukums to about 7000 feet.  I was there in late Dec and it was great skiing, of course Jan has not been kind . . .

• krowe
  • [krowe]
More
13 Feb 2015 15:13 #223888 by krowe
Thanks a bunch everyone. I haven't been to Lichtenberg, Rock, or Scottish Lakes before; so I'll read up on them and see what's looking the best.

I think we're going to spend one or two days climbing at Castle Rock, but given that it is Feb we gotta take our skis out for at least one day!

Thanks for the beta. Have a nice long weekend :)