Home > Trip Reports > February 1, 2015, Lichtenberg Mountain

February 1, 2015, Lichtenberg Mountain

2/1/15
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Peels on 2/2/15 4:45am
David and I skied Lichtenberg yesterday morning before the Super Bowl.  The skiing went a lot better than the game.  It was a lovely, quiet day.  We didn€™t see a soul, not even along Smithbrook Road.  The skiing ranged from excellent to terrible (so bad we decided to walk!).  It snowed steadily the whole time we were out, though visibility wasn€™t an issue.  Coverage was good.  We had awesome dust on crust above Lichtenwasser Lake, but (not surprisingly) firm, icy snow lower down in the trees.  We found logs for crossing the creek both directions.  I€™d done this trip before, but it was a long time ago.  Following Burgdorfer€™s directions, we left Smithbrook Road at the first switchback.  However, I think I€™d stay on the road a little longer next time  (maybe to ¼-ish mile before the major switchback below Union Peak and Union Gap). 

How long did it take you to get to the switchback?

I'm not sure how long it took us, but it was quick!  I think it's only 1.5-2 miles to the first switchback and it's just barely uphill.  An easy glide out too.

Cool, I've always just gone straight up the front.

lovely place that i went with my friend erik.

Nice to see a trip report from inside WA state. Rock on

Reply to this TR

february-1-2015-lichtenberg-mountain
Peels
2015-02-02 12:45:40