Home > Trip Reports > January 30, 2015, Nisqually Chute Corn

January 30, 2015, Nisqually Chute Corn

1/30/15
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Norseman on 1/30/15 1:19pm
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16407470185_8630d5c365_o.jpg" />

Summit group:

Sick Photos.

I think thats rowan and crew on the finger.

Excellent photos, I love the black and white! I think I am the tiny speck there in the finger. That photo really gives you some perspective on how big the mountain is.

nice work Scott,  Did you go solo? 

Thanks, dudes. I should've brought the telephoto lens and tripod to better capture Rowan & Co.'s effort!

Dan: Yes, I skied alone this day. I rode up to Paradise with a coworker, who cruised around the lower terrain with his 2-year-old in the backpack.

Rowan: It was super fun for me to watch your party ascend and descend during my jaunt. Thanks for the entertainment! I first spotted you after breaking out of the trees near Paradise... you were just above the choke of the Finger. By the time I rounded the head of Pebble Creek, you guys had started to ski. I thought I could just make out a tent alongside the shoulder of the Wilson, which was confirmed when you traversed right to it after exiting the couloir!

Good times.

-S

Obviously the corn in the chute must have been great with such fun, playful skiing.

"Playful" skiing defines Norseman's style.  Powerful and graceful too.  He makes anything look fun.

Reply to this TR

january-30-2015-nisqually-chute-corn
Norseman
2015-01-30 21:19:07