Home > Forum > Need "new" BC gear & need help

Need "new" BC gear & need help

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
27 Jan 2015 14:00 #223661 by lapaz25
It's time for a whole new alpine touring set-up. Last time I bought was 2006 and things have changed since then! I've also had two kiddos, so have been out of the loop in knowing what gear to go for-help is needed! I would really appreciate some recommendations for last year's or even this year's models (or older if you think I can still get them). I don't even know where to start-I'm also living in a new town and haven't found my connections, yet (formerly Seattle, now in Bend, OR). Thank you!

* I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs (female)
* I prefer to ski aggressive lines and am strong, but ski "softly" and don't like to wrestle my skis
* I love quick turns and only pull out the GS turns when conditions are right, but I love the speed when I do
* I will ski mostly inbounds right now with a few BC days, but still prefer a light, flexible boot.
* I currently have K2 Mt. Bakers with Scarpa touring boots (size 25.5 from 2003-the orange ones!) and the boots never fit well until after many boot fittings. I love my Bakers, but they are getting old and I'm looking for a bit wider experience without going to a pure powder ski.
* I'm hoping for a ski that can handle almost anything and am interested in getting into the rocker mentality.
*As for boots, I have an extremely high instep and normal shaped foot with a narrow heel.

Thank you for any guidance! Websites that are good for comparing? Bend-local shops?
Missing the Seattle and North Bend shops right now!
Much appreciated,
Lara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2015 15:42 #223662 by PhilH
For what it's worth, my niece is skiing on a pair of Dynstar Cham W 97's fitted with Marker Tour F-10's and loves the set up. She mainly skis in-bounds but occasionally goes backcountry with us.

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
27 Jan 2015 16:29 - 27 Jan 2015 16:34 #223665 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: Need "new" BC gear & need help
Bend= coffee, bikes, skis, beer, people (dogs are people too).
This shop rules.
crowsfeetcommons.com

They are having a women's XC ski event Friday.

More
28 Jan 2015 09:51 #223670 by filbo
4 buckle boots and a pair of marker barons for your skis could be your one ski quiver.

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
09 Feb 2015 15:14 #223806 by lapaz25
thank you all-I'm on the hunt!

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
09 Feb 2015 16:14 #223807 by lapaz25
I purchased a pair of Dynastar Cham HM 97...172 length. Can't wait to get some bindings on these things and test them out! Review seem pretty stellar and local shops speak very highly of them. Risky to buy without trying, but that's what I've always done and it seems to work. I will love my Mt. Bakers forever, though :)