Home > Trip Reports > January 21, 2015, Stevens Pass Dog Tour

January 21, 2015, Stevens Pass Dog Tour

1/21/15
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by radka on 1/22/15 4:23am
Hi, my name is Aki and I don't post here very often. Generally, I have better things to do with my time, like lounging on my couch and eating treats or chasing squirrels.

Yesterday, my humans decided to play in snow. I like snow. I especially like eating it. Yum! Humans do not have enough appreciation for eating good tasting snow, but they are missing out. I tried to convince the NWAC forecaster who followed me yesterday that snow taste tests are the future of avy forecasting. Cruchy? That's crust. Fluffy? Pow. Stinky snow with something dead in it? Delicious!

Anyway, we show up at the trailhead and one of the three humans I was taking for a walk, doesn't have those funny sticky things that you humans put at the bottom of your skis. Now, I can tell you that my master has skins that are made of dead chipmunks. I wish they were made of cat skins, 'cos cats are annoying, but chipmunks will do. Never seen chipmunk skins? See here:

Anyway. My master gave his skins to the other person and decided to use his fishscales only which worked ok, I guess. I wish they were real fish scales 'cos then I could eat them.

Finally, off we went and I led the way most of the time, except when it came to real trailbreaking because I am not that silly to go first and work so hard. That's what humans are for.

My humans have a strange sense of humor. They do this for "fun."

Along the way, I tasted many snow samples and finally my humans started to get the point.

That's what I mean - get yer face in da snow! Here my master demonstrates proper technique:

Eventually, the idea of my doggie bed started to sound pretty good.

My four legs were getting tired. It's a lot of work to move four legs.

We did a short fun run in fluffy snow before we got on the long trail back to the trailhead.

I could barely move my legs by the time we got to the car so now I am back to lounging on my couch and eating treats. Woof!

Great TR Aki. You can post a TR with good photos of your trail breakers.  It took me 68yo to do what you accomplish in a couple of years. Good job.

author=radka link=topic=33469.msg138623#msg138623 date=1421958209]
That's what I mean - get yer face in da snow! Here my master demonstrates proper technique:

Actually Aki looked a bit concerned.  One needs to be careful going downhill on fish-scale skis in the tour-mode!

Proven to motivate droopy dogs

Actually Aki looked a bit concerned.
Well, yeah, you don't have to land your face in the snow at 20 mph to taste a sample. Aki says you need to practice more  ;D

Reply to this TR

january-21-2015-stevens-pass-dog-tour
radka
2015-01-22 12:23:29