Home > Forum > best boot fitters or boot shops PDX

best boot fitters or boot shops PDX

• water
  • [water]
More
06 Jan 2015 18:18 #223464 by water
I know I've seen this come up a time or two but I've had trouble bringing it up through search. Any help recommended. After taking a season off from skiing due to foot surgery (repair of ligament, no appreciable change to foot morphology), my boots just kill both my feet (even more so on the one that had no surgery)..they use to feel fine in these boots so I'm not sure what's up.

Looking for advice on the best boot shops/boot fitters around PDX--heck, maybe I just need a new intuition liner or such-but i'll drive to SEA or elsewhere as needed I suppose. I know of US Outdoor and Mnt Shop. Maybe its just me/i don't intend to poopoo them, but haven't been overly impressed with mountain shop, apologies to anyone affiliated with them.

advice on places?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2015 22:28 #223465 by Rainypm
Replied by Rainypm on topic Re: best boot fitters or boot shops PDX
First off, no affiliation with any of the shops but have tried a couple.

Had pair of backcountry boots were fitted at The Mtn Shop. I got lucky with the person I did the fit with for my boots but not so lucky with the person who heated the liners. Returned to have them cooked again, and got the first guy. Great job. I believe his name was Jeremy.

A pair of resort boots were done at Hillcrest ski and sport(Gresham). Once again got lucky with someone very knowledgeable and patient. They weren't busy and job well done. Unfortunately a friend did not get the same results. He kept going back but finally gave up due to constant pain. My friend ended up at going to Meadows ski shop and finally got fit well.

Lastly I looked into spending the money and getting my current boots at Mt Bachelor (Gravity Sports). They do appointments for custom boot fittings by someone who has attended a master boot fitting course, are accredited by America's Best Bootfitters and led by two board-certified Pedorthists (from their website).

Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.