Home > Trip Reports > Alpental, 1/3/2015

Alpental, 1/3/2015

1/1/15
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by BrianT on 1/6/15 6:28am
Being that I'm about to be a father for the first time (wife is due on 1/7/2015) I decided to get a quick tour in before the baby comes as I have a feeling busy days will be ahead.  My mother-in-law was coming in town at 1:45pm so this meant I had to get up and down fairly fast. 

I drove up to Alpental and met Jake up there. We decided to take a easy pace up to the rock face right at the top of the 'lower' upper-I bowl. 

Jake looking at our stopping spot

Sunrises and Clouds are cool

Me heading up the last bit before our beer/break

The cruise down was fairly rough for me due to an accident 4 months ago that has left me without all of my flex in my ankle.  I did make it down w/o to many issues, and had a fun ski regardless of my 33 year old body falling apart.

Month 35 tagged in the bag.

-Brian
My wife was due 1/7/15 also, our second.  Had a trip with some friends planned up to Paradise just before the New Year, one last easy tour before the baby came. Needless to say, my wife ended up delivering 12/26. Glad to see you were able to make it up before your wife delivered.

author=BrianT link=topic=33344.msg138226#msg138226 date=1420583288]
The cruise down was fairly rough for me due to an accident 4 months ago that has left me without all of my flex in my ankle.  I did make it down w/o to many issues, and had a fun ski regardless of my 33 year old body falling apart.
Month 35 tagged in the bag.

Way to set your brain to it!  At 33 you can have decades more of bouncing back.  Keep playing the rehab/fitness game like Zap, otter, me, and many others, and you'll have a good run.
Bad skiing + good family = good life   :)

Reply to this TR

alpental-1-3-2015
BrianT
2015-01-06 14:28:08