Home > Forum > 11/05, 2005, Crystal

11/05, 2005, Crystal

• korup
  • [korup]
More
05 Nov 2005 11:47 - 05 Nov 2005 11:50 #211967 by korup
11/05, 2005, Crystal was created by korup
It was so good. It you are thinking of going, go! Light clouds at 9am (lifts start at 9am now, even on weekends), the first 3-4 runs off Rainier Express were gorgeous powder, 18", with deep pockets of bottomless goodness. As the morning went on, most of that was tracked out, but they opened High Campbell at noon. Visibility was marginal, and still an occasional rock to be found (only place coverage was dicey), but fun skiing. The afternoon warmed up into a sleet mix that was pretty nasty on the lift ride, but silky to ski. Lift lines were not too bad- 10-15 min at worst.<br><br>When I left at 3:30 it was coming down; an inch or two on the car while I was fiddling with gear and snacks... Crystal Mtn Rd was a serious mess, 3-4 cars in the ditches, be careful out there! Tomorrow could be epic!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2005 12:26 #211968 by Eric_N
Replied by Eric_N on topic Re: 11/05, 2005, Crystal
I second korups recommendation. The longest wait all day was for the ~160 people in the 8:50 AM ticket line (15 minutes). Go early, amazing how fast all those acres of soft snow get tracked out. Only hit one rock/branch all day and its snowed 5 inches in the 2 hrs since i left. Big snow flakes late in the day.

More
05 Nov 2005 12:34 #211969 by mfaoro
Replied by mfaoro on topic Re: 11/05, 2005, Crystal
Yah - that was sooooooo fun. Skiing from 1:30-3 in Green Valley was amazing. Tracks were filled in with every run. Major wind at the top. I witnessed one small avy on the way down Something Gap road (closed green valley lift so had to take cat track down) - sounded like there was another one as well.<br>Be careful if you head into the BC.

• andyski
  • [andyski]
More
05 Nov 2005 12:45 #211970 by andyski
Replied by andyski on topic Re: 11/05, 2005, Crystal
Outstanding snow all day. The top/skier's left of what I think is Sunnyside seemed to capture a lot of what the wind was moving. I definitely found some rocks/trees lurking beneath, but not very much at all. The lift lines really cleared after about 1 p.m.!

• olallaskibum
  • [olallaskibum]
More
06 Nov 2005 13:41 #211972 by olallaskibum
Replied by olallaskibum on topic Re: 11/05, 2005, Crystal
Campbell Basin was epic. I was waiting in line when they started the lift and was able to make two runs in untracked powder. More than worth the price of admission. <br><br>Only down side was taking more than an hour go get out of the parking lot because of cars in the ditch.

More
07 Nov 2005 16:53 #211976 by mfonda
Replied by mfonda on topic Re: 11/05, 2005, Crystal
I was up on Sunday, got on Campbell right when it opened, it was amazing, however the sun got to it later on and it wasnt so great. All in all it was a great day, hard to believe its only the beginning of November.