Home > Forum > 11/04/05 Crystal

11/04/05 Crystal

• kuharicm
  • [kuharicm]
More
04 Nov 2005 11:14 #211962 by kuharicm
11/04/05 Crystal was created by kuharicm
There's almost as much snow as most of last year. Everything except High Campbell and the lower trails were open. Things will actually be better once it's packed out and the new snow tonight falls on that. It was relatively dense and deep. I'm bringing my fat, new skis tomorrow, so that tells you there is plenty of snow... busy, but not crowded, but tomorrow?<br>-Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• androolus
  • [androolus]
More
04 Nov 2005 14:21 #211963 by androolus
Replied by androolus on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal WSP
WARNING:<br><br>There were some 6 WSP cars between enumclaw and Crystal. Also a sheriff in Greenwater.<br><br>The skiing was great!!!!!<br><br>

• Aaron_Riggs
  • [Aaron_Riggs]
More
05 Nov 2005 02:23 #211964 by Aaron_Riggs
Replied by Aaron_Riggs on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal
The sky cleared to bluebird for first chair. It was pretty amazing. Very deep. Surprisingly good coverage. Lots of whoomping still on the steeper slopes. By 10:30 though it was the Crystal I know best. Socked in, tracked out, with lots of little vermins running around looking for tidbits. It seems everyone left around noon, and it started snowing hard again. By 2 there was 4 inches of new, and it was a powder day again!

More
05 Nov 2005 03:36 #211965 by skip
Replied by skip on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal
It was incredible for opening day (or any day for that matter). I don't know if any of you saw it, but one of the early poachers on Exterminator cut off a small slab on a traverse. Heads up out there.

More
05 Nov 2005 03:44 #211966 by Dave_R
Replied by Dave_R on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal
Great coverage - deep and fun. The sunshine early on was weird but welcome, though not as welcome as the continuing snow in the afternoon which combined with early-season lack of conditioning sent the crowds scurrying for cover.<br><br>The base is still very unconsolidated - all sorts of non-cohesive action on the surrounding slopes. The real nice thing was that there's really no need for rock skis - only a few scuffs and rock tops showing on the groomed.<br><br>A liftie was saying that they'll need another 18" to open High Campbell. That and a bit of settling no doubt. From the forecast, that may take a day or two.<br><br>A good day for the lifts! ;D<br><br>-Dave R

• telekinetic
  • [telekinetic]
More
06 Nov 2005 11:24 #211971 by telekinetic
Replied by telekinetic on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal
The afternoon snow increased the grin factor hugely!

More
07 Nov 2005 16:55 #211977 by mfonda
Replied by mfonda on topic Re: 11/04/05 Crystal WSP

WARNING:<br><br>There were some 6 WSP cars between enumclaw and Crystal. Also a sheriff in Greenwater.<br><br>The skiing was great!!!!!<br><br>

<br>Yeah, I saw a lot of state patrol on the way up on Sunday, saw one pull someone over too.