Home > Forum > Participants Wanted for Avy Study of GPS Tracks

Participants Wanted for Avy Study of GPS Tracks

• Jonathan_S.
  • [Jonathan_S.]
More
08 Dec 2014 17:33 - 08 Dec 2014 17:37 #137310 by Jonathan_S.
I was just forwarded sign-up information for a participant study of travel behavior in avalanche terrain.
Now of course NSA is already tracking you even when you ski in the backcountry, but these avy researchers apparently aren't able to access that database, so they're seeking active participants.

I've copied some information below, with links to their ISSW paper and the sign-up info sheet.

[Important disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about this study other than the information copied and linked below, so if you have any q's, pls ask the researchers, not me.]

Understanding Travel Behavior in Avalanche Terrain: A Crowd-Sourced Approach

Overview

This project (download ISSW article: drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QMdxLQ2UK-Sm9...N1E/view?usp=sharing ) aims to collect GPS location information and survey responses from backcountry skiers and riders to better understand what types of terrain decision we make. Our focus is on backcountry skiers and riders of all abilities and experience. You need not be an expert backcountry skier to participate in this research.

Participation

If you are interested in taking part in this project and sharing your GPS ski track information and responding to a few simple questions, then follow the easy steps on this Word file:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QMdxLQ2UK-YlB...Zm8/view?usp=sharing
Last edit: 08 Dec 2014 17:37 by Jonathan_S..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.