Home > Trip Reports > November 16-17, 2014, Mt Hood

November 16-17, 2014, Mt Hood

11/16/14
OR Mt Hood
Posted by dmarzilli on 11/17/14 5:17am
Headed down to Mt Hood this last weekend since they just got dumped on. Went to Timberline Saturday. The wind was absolutely relentless with sustained winds in places around 40+ mph. Was able to skin to the top of Palmer but decided to not go up further due to bulletproof ice and strong winds. Snow wasn't too bad up high but down lower the rocks were just beneath the surface so I ended up getting some pretty bad gashes in my skis. On Sunday, I headed to Meadows hoping for some relief from the winds. It was absolutely beautiful with hardly any wind, but the snow coverage was pretty bad(see pics). All in all nice trip but they will need another good storm or two before its skiable.

Meadows was a little bare

We were on pretty much the same paths as you. We ended up pushing through the winds to the base of Illumination rock, on Saturday. Anything above that was a sheet of ice. Meadows skied well.
Here is a short video of what We found:    https://vimeo.com/112422066

Right on! Looks like you at least got some decent snow. I saw your truck in the parking lot... I actually see it quite a bit around WA too haha. This weekend is looking good!

Gnarly wipe-out to tumble over rocks! Sharky.

Rad clip Shred :)

author=kamtron link=topic=32710.msg136633#msg136633 date=1416524846]
Gnarly wipe-out to tumble over rocks! Sharky.

No kidding. That was a solid shark hit and quite the beater over the rocks, hope that dude was okay.

Looks like a few soft turns in there and some fun stuff anyway.

He was shaken but not stirred. The rest of the day was a little mellower.

Sweet vid Jeff  :)

Beautiful video.  Amazing that you guys can do all of that climbing after eating one egg.  :)

Well done - thanks for sharing

Reply to this TR

november-16-17-2014-mt-hood
dmarzilli
2014-11-17 13:17:18