Home > Trip Reports > November 13, 2014, Rogers Pass, Exmas Chute

November 13, 2014, Rogers Pass, Exmas Chute

11/13/14
Canada BC
Posted by Skier of the Hood on 11/14/14 2:35am
Went up Connaught Creek not expecting excellent skiing. Turns out skiing is absolutely fantastic in the alpine. South and west aspects have large crowns. There is a crown going across 3/4ths of the south face of 8812 consisting of the HST overtop of the rain crust. Video peak is farmed as well as 8812 bowl. Cheops bowl and Nikki's notch both have a few tracks in them. Looks to be some rocky spots on those. STS will take considerable time to fill in at the bottom water ice choke this year I bet.

The Cougar Creek valley looks like it is holding very good skiing. If you head to the pass I would suggest making the treck as I bet everything in Connaught will get shredded this weekend.

Xmas chute had ripped sometime during the past week but had some new snow and wind refill over top of the bed surface making for very enjoyable skiing. We switchbacked up the entire chute rather then booting. Normally you would swing out and switchback up the adjacent slopes but we did not have enough confidence after seeing all the old crowns that were around to put our meat out there.

Fantastic skiing with some faceshots next to the cliff face. For now it is possible to get after it in the Pass but I would be wary when it starts to get warmer on south and west aspects. 
I was crying a little driving through in the blue bird skies on monday knowing that it was so good up high!

author=KW link=topic=32686.msg136486#msg136486 date=1416000387]
I was crying a little driving through in the blue bird skies on monday knowing that it was so good up high!

I'm crying a little right now!

Reply to this TR

november-13-2014-rogers-pass-exmas-chute
Skier of the Hood
2014-11-14 10:35:03