Home > Trip Reports > October 24, 2005, Killington (VT)

October 24, 2005, Killington (VT)

10/24/05
US elsewhere
Posted by Jonathan_S. on 10/24/05 11:02pm
Summit had received a foot Saturday night.  Lots of tracks from Sunday, but still plenty left for us on Monday.  The very highest elevations were a bit crusty, and the lower elevations were a bit thin & soggy, but in between was quite nice.  We mainly yo-yo'ed the best parts, then went for a grand tour from the summit to base via one of Killington's infamous never-ending nordic-esque cat tracks.  Total vert of somewhere over 4k over the course of 5 hrs.
Will have a link soon to some video footage, for the moment, here's the ironic setting for a sign that greeted us in the parking lot:

Hmm... Which photoshop effect did you use to get all that whitestuff in the photo?

The same effect that also works for videos; here's my touring partner on upper Royal Flush:
http://tinyurl.com/ak77l

You know why they call it Royal Flush?  Because that's where all the poop goes from the summit lodge..or at least it did back in the day.  Go East Coast, Yeah!

Nicely done, Jonathan. Bob looks like some kind of a bump skier.

(Note: delete the characters "web." after tinyurl links to the full-length URL to see the video)

I grew up skiing Killington and Mt. Snow. Never thought I'd see reference to them here on TAY. Thanks for the memory trip. Way to get some snow!

(Note: delete the characters "web." after tinyurl links to the full-length URL to see the video)

Thanks for the tip Greg  :D, nice video Jonathan.  Finally we are  getting some cooler weather around here, so maybe we might get a bit of an accumulation.  

Jonathan, when are you going to be out this way again and make some turns with Ron and I?

I might come out in January for a long weekend and join Gaper Jeffey at the Whistler rando race (scheduled for Jan 7).  Would be great to meet up w/ the TAY gang then.

Reply to this TR

october-24-2005-killington-vt
Jonathan_S.
2005-10-25 06:02:48