Home > Trip Reports > October 27, 2014, Paradise

October 27, 2014, Paradise

10/27/14
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by silaswild on 10/27/14 9:31am
The gate opened promptly at 9AM.  We found 6-12" of good skinnable snow right at the parking lot.  The sky was blue, wind was negligible to 9000', and turns were superb down to 7000' where the sun made the afternoon conditions heavier.  Skiing without damage to bases was possible on the trail to the car.
I think this sums it up pretty well.

Here are couple more Jessel shots! Go Steph!

Looks quite nice.

oh my God! Looks like I was a day early!! Wow. Too bad I work weekdays!! Awesome!

Good running into you up there today, Silas. We had a fun time making turns despite having to follow your tracks back down through the fog to Pan Point.

Monday morning board meeting:

Tatoosh looking primed:

Oops:

Great skiing and weather today -- amazing how broken up the Nisqually is after this last summer.

We had a good day out there too. Made it up to 10k and skied variable wind buff down to about 9,500 and then had nice turns from there. Weather was pleasant but windy above the cloud deck. We made the error of trying Pan Face on the way down and ended up with some nice base shots. Great day though and we were skiing in tanks most of the way up until the wind hit around 8,500. Not a bad day for October!

gorgeous, you too silas.

Reply to this TR

october-27-2014-paradise
silaswild
2014-10-27 16:31:26