Home > Trip Reports > August 10, 2014, Enchantments day trip

August 10, 2014, Enchantments day trip

8/10/14
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 8/11/14 2:46am
After unsuccessful lottery attempts on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, our Super-moon silhouette tour was reduced to a day trip.  It didn't matter though, because it was an awesome day trip.  We could smell the smoke from the near-by Hansel Creek fire on our ascent of Aasgard Pass, but we were above it for most of the day.  We had four good runs and the best skiing was the steepest north facing stuff which was least affected by the sun.  We left Wenatchee at 4:15AM and were on the trail at 5:15, skiing by 10.  We skied until we'd had enough and were back to the car around 7PM.  Tailgate beer and social hour in the parking lot capped off a perfect day.

Video:
https://vimeo.com/103136415

Rainier poking up above the Hansel Creek smoke.

Ben tipping over the steep shoulder of Dragontail's walk-off route.  This was where we found the best skiing.

Some of the good stuff:

Here you can see the haze over Aasgard Pass.  Normally this would be a photo of Mt. Cashmere and Glacier Peak in the distance.

Part of the fun is skiing right to the lake shore:

To the lake!

This is on the way to the first run, skiing past a lakelett that we would later dive into.

Cold!

Parting shot.  This was taken just after I got charged by a goat.  I was peeing, and here come's mama with kid and she ran towards me.  I yelled, she kept running, I barked louder, and she kept coming.  I cut off the stream when she was 15 feet from me and picked up a rock.  I didn't have to throw it.  I think she expected me to step away, but I didn't, and she veered off.

Great TR Mike!  Thanks for letting me tag along yesterday.  It is as absolute given that we had the most fun of anyone we saw and I'm glad you came out unscathed from your pissing match with the goat! 

author=bensidor link=topic=32140.msg135037#msg135037 date=1407807935]
I'm glad you came out unscathed from your pissing match with the goat! 

unscathed, but not unstained.

Ha!  Another classic mikerolfs post!  Can't wait to join you on another adventure.

Reply to this TR

august-10-2014-enchantments-day-trip
mikerolfs
2014-08-11 09:46:01