Home > Trip Reports > August 1, 2014, Camp Hale, Colorado

August 1, 2014, Camp Hale, Colorado

8/1/14
US elsewhere
Posted by silaswild on 8/4/14 9:09am
Jim Becia and Tom Szwedko skied 150vt of snow seven times at Machine gun ridge above Camp Hale, Colorado.  Tom's 419th month, Jim's 141st.  Tom has skied 322 of the 335 days since September 1, 2013.  I guess he needs a day off each month?  Just in case we are feeling sorry for ourselves, and how little snow we have, this report helps put our PNW good fortune in better perspective. 

I must confess, however, a strong desire to find some September Santa Rosa storm powder in South America.  PM me to join any part of the Wild tour, especially if you like to senior sit, drink Malbec, and eat steak you can cut with a fork.  According to Las Lenas' website, 65+ yr olds ride their lifts for free!!  My friends down south say the locals will not hold us dirtbag skiers responsible for billionaire Paul Singer's fine job of "increasing the suffering in a struggling country of 43 million."  http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/waggoner/2014/07/31/learning-from-argentinas-woes/13415969/
And their common man Pope Francis has life all figured out:  http://www.ucatholic.com/blog/10-secrets-for-happiness/

Sorry Marcus, perhaps this belongs in Random Tracks, or even not anywhere on TAY.
The problem with senior sitting is remembering where you left 'em, the problem with GOOD Malbec is running out, and the problem with 5 pm posting is starting the Malbec at 3...     ;D     the only good Malbec I've had Stateside is personally imported (same with Tempranillo from Spain).  It's darned fine down there almost anywhere, though.

Those guys are crazy (in a good way).  Most definitely not this year but it might be good to join you down there in another year or two.

you don't have any children yet, right sky?  nursing silas would be good preparation for that. ;D

Reply to this TR

august-1-2014-camp-hale-colorado
silaswild
2014-08-04 16:09:30