Home > Trip Reports > July 11-13, 2014, Super Moon on Mt Daniel

July 11-13, 2014, Super Moon on Mt Daniel

7/11/14
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by Kenji on 7/15/14 1:55am
The sunset photo is a winner, as are the moonset/sunrise photos from your second day in your album.

Must've been a pleasant trip!

wow, fabulous photos!

author=Kenji link=topic=32078.msg134825#msg134825 date=1405443336]
...(Mike connected this to the lake drainage last year?).  Hinman itself looked great, I guess maybe next year...

It was this same weekend last year that Coron and I made it over to Hinman.  Pea Soup Lake was melted further last year than this at the same time.  Here is the route we used to get to Hinman.   It was a fine alternate route.  Not as aesthetic as crossing the lake, but gets you to the same drainage.

Absolutely gorgeous, Kenji!

We were camped at Robin Lakes over the weekend and took a picture of you guys on Saturday morning (well, sort of). Anyway, here's a look at Mt. Daniel from the east. Plodding along of foot I was envious that you had those snowfields all to yourselves.

Picture # 2 is a masterpiece!

Awesome photos!  The second is a keeper!  Wish we could have caught up with you!

Wow Kenji - Awesome photos! Unreal!

author=PhilH link=topic=32078.msg134830#msg134830 date=1405463989]
We were camped at Robin Lakes over the weekend and took a picture of you guys on Saturday morning (well, sort of). Anyway, here's a look at Mt. Daniel from the east. Plodding along of foot I was envious that you had those snowfields all to yourselves.

Phil your photo is awesome!  What a planning tool.  I can see several runs that I need to go back and do.  The run from the middle summit onto the Daniel Glacier is front and center on your photo.  Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks! for the wonderful photos, you sure have a great eye

Reply to this TR

july-11-13-2014-super-moon-on-mt-daniel
Kenji
2014-07-15 08:55:36