Home > Trip Reports > July 4, 2014, Enchantments

July 4, 2014, Enchantments

7/4/14
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 7/4/14 11:36pm
Aasgard Pass is bone dry, but the trail is well marked and easy going.  The north slopes in the upper basin are all still snow covered with many 600 to 1200 foot runs available.  The Colchuck glacier has melted further since jakedouglas' June 29 report.  I could see the ghost of his tracks half on snow, and half melted away.

Fun to meet some other skiers along the trail.  cchapin and Radka were doing some alpine climbing (sans skis) on a multi-day adventure.  I also met hwy2 on the trail.  He didn't have skis, but he is built like someone who can move fast.

I made two runs, first near Little Annapurna, and second from Dragontail.  My phone says the first was 623' and the second 1153, for a total of 1776 vertical feet on July 4. 

I was taking my boots off and admiring my tracks when this momma/baby goat pair wandered over and laid down in the snow.  Well posed, goat.
Very cool!  "A good goat will do that, you know……."  ;D

We saw a male one time that was for sure, the Herman Maier of goats - would have made a Great Northern train turn around.

A guy takes a day off, and get's 1776 ed!! I want to check the records on that!  Nice!

Good to meet you, Mike.  Jealous of and impressed by your one day solo mission! 

author=jtack link=topic=32031.msg134693#msg134693 date=1404686541]
1776 ed!! I want to check the records on that! 

ah, ye of little faith...

Great pic thanks for sharing.

I think it's hiking time, but if Mike would carry my skis and boots I'd ski! :)

Forgot to check TAY after that trip... nice meeting up you on the trail Mike.  We watched you ski down from Dragontail before we went up Witches :)

Reply to this TR

july-4-2014-enchantments
mikerolfs
2014-07-05 06:36:21