Home > Trip Reports > June 23, 2014, - Mt. Bachelor, OR

June 23, 2014, - Mt. Bachelor, OR

6/23/14
OR elsewhere
Posted by Zap on 6/26/14 3:30am
Jill and I came to ski when Bachelor opened the lower lift area. The Vail Ski and Snowboard team just finished their training. I waited to skin the Thunderbird training run under the Pine Marten express lift. The West Village Lodge parking lot is closed so the walk to get to the lift was too long. There were 4 cars with skiers but the walk was too long for us to get to skinning snow at Sunrise Express lift. We parked at the gate for the Skyliner Express. We walked about 150 feet to the snow at the base of the Skyliner Express lift. We skinned the DSQ run with a 6' cut-off to get run a snow machine the cut a road.  The DSQ was in great shape as we were climbing at 10am. We noticed a set of to racers from yesterday. We took a break and 2 snow machines came down the slope but only put down the middle. The upper part of the mountain had nice terrain. It was a fun day with snow from 9065' to 6300'. It was interesting that Bachelor had an open area from the Sunrise Express and the other lift areas where closed until June 23. After skiing, we drove on the Cascade Lakes road and noticed the Outback Express terrain had good coverage from top to bottom. The only big thing was skinning back to the Pine Marten Express for the run out.

Nice work ZAP if you have the time have a cold one at Ten Barrels, or better yet get a growler from Boneyard, I particularity like the IPA.

Reply to this TR

june-23-2014-mt-bachelor-or
Zap
2014-06-26 10:30:49