Home > Trip Reports > June 2-7 N. Despair, Hagen, Bacon and more

June 2-7 N. Despair, Hagen, Bacon and more

6/2/14
Posted by Jason_H. on 6/17/14 4:10am
Since I take a literal eon to complete a trip report, how about something different. Here is a video Trip Report:

https://vimeo.com/98461788

Absolutely beautiful camera work and editing, strong work all around!

nice one, Jason!  been meaning to get back to Despair for a while...cool to see someone actually doing it.

gotta love that Blum approach w/ skis on the back...

do i surmise correctly you guys skied the N ridge of N Despair?  looks sweet!

That was SICK!!!!!

Yep Eric, that's the line. Glad you guys enjoyed. Super fun to film between some pics. Added some fun.

"What are you doin?"
"Eating your nuts out of the snow."

Awesome, Jason!

Nice! That's " Pure Sexual Energy" right there!

Stunning cinematography, what a great way to capture an amazing trip!

Hands down, the best I have ever seen on TAY. Way to set the bar high. You hippies rock!

Heck ya!  Solid work Jason and co!

Jason and gang,

I watched that last night when it was posted on FB.  Wonderful effort and inspiring documentation.  Adam is the master of the glide crack huck!  How about a google map with a line on the route?  I would love to see your actual route.  Thanks again for sharing that vid.  It was quite an enjoyable watch.

Most bestest TR's on here and TGR - one dude was doing serious full pack hucking!

Awesome.

To get video like that in some of those shots you need "actors" and tell them to wait....and then...go!

You also have some setups to get the right overall angles.  Different than still photography.

Also, your choice of music adds a great tone to the deeper feeling of serenity, and a kind of "backwoods" tranquility.

Wow,

I've got to echo Stefan; the music, 'backwoods tranquility' is spot on. Wow again, the terrain!

"your rocky spine" is a special song to me! great to see it in your video.

Glad everyone enjoyed. It was different to try and take photos and video. Usually the video was taken right after a photo, or in the case of skiing, it was when the light wasn't as good. In the end I was surprised how well it turned out considering. Hopefully soon I will get a floating head for my tripod and that will allow for some very cool footage.

Gregg, I will get a map over to you.

As for the music, Adam is the man to thank for that.

Excellent work Jason et al.! Really enjoyed watching. Mega good vibes

Looks like loads of fun.

Killer! Rock on-

Great trip and video guys. Really enjoyed watching it

Hey Jason,
I bumped into you at Baker in the parking lot a few days before.  You said you were going in the Blum side.  Any reason you go that way instead of from Bacon?

vicarious enjoyment at its finest, most excellent indeed!

author=dwayne link=topic=31933.msg134376#msg134376 date=1403234797]
Hey Jason,
I bumped into you at Baker in the parking lot a few days before.  You said you were going in the Blum side.  Any reason you go that way instead of from Bacon?

Dwayne, yeah. I've been up the blum approach 3 times and down it 5 times. Down has always been epic and up not that bad. I wanted to traverse through the area and choose to get the worst part out of the way first. In the end, it worked out pretty dang well. There are other options, too, but this was the quickest and most sure way to do what I wanted. I could've come in from Triumph, but there were a few route finding issues, and possibility for need of a rope, which I didn't want to bring on this adventure.

BTW, super fun day on Baker!

Great video!  Kept me smiling through all 9 minutes.

Jason and crew great trip, loved the moving pictures, and some pretty bold skiing for being so far from the post office.  Very scenic country, and it looks like some of it was hard won.  Thanks

Damned fine story telling!

I've never seen so much brush-hucking.

Jason... Thanks for posting.  You have a gift.

I'd be very interested in a map as well if you don't mind sending one my way.  Love maps.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Just watched it again and was thinking we need a little more of you Jason representing the tele holdouts.  8)

Reply to this TR

june-2-7-n-despair-hagen-bacon-and-more
Jason_H.
2014-06-17 11:10:55