Home > Trip Reports > June 14, 2014, Snoq Pass, Rampart Spur

June 14, 2014, Snoq Pass, Rampart Spur

6/14/14
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Splitter on 6/14/14 12:48pm
With a short time window, I needed to find something close to home. Headed for the southernmost point of Rampart Ridge at about 5700 ft.

Started skinning at Lake Lillian, approx 4800 ft, thankfully the lake was still covered. The edges are getting saturated and probably won't last much longer. The visibility was poor and I didn't have the time to scout around for the best descent line. I am not sure if there is a good continuous fall line but I didn't find it, had to hop a gap where I made a bad choice at one point. The upper half skied very well with enough softening to erase the lumpiness. The lower half was just slightly too firm. I was hoping for a lap down to Gold Lake too but with the low visibility I decided to leave that for another time.

Less than 1K ft of turns but I left late and returned early and I got to ski. Any day that bumps the needle off of zero on the joy-O-meter is a good day.

Still
Seeking
Ski-able
Snoqualmie
Secret
Stash
Snow this
Season
Hooray
Yeah baby!  a fellow Rampart loon. Love it!

Here's a pic of the slopes above Lake Lillian looking north, taken about march(ish).
Good effort in crummy weather.

Thanks Jake
Nice shot, I wish it looked like that yesterday. I felt like I was blundering around in the dark. Still not sure what line I took.

Here is a picture I had from last year:

cool duel season pics

Reply to this TR

june-14-2014-snoq-pass-rampart-spur
Splitter
2014-06-14 19:48:29