Home > Trip Reports > June 1, 2014, Mt. Bachelor

June 1, 2014, Mt. Bachelor

6/1/14
OR elsewhere
Posted by GregLange on 6/2/14 7:06am
While the lifts are now closed at Bach, by no means is the skiing! Our good TAY friend, LaPaz, and her family have now begun their move to Bend, and are thus 20 minutes from the slopes of Bachelor. In between moving boxes and furniture into their storage units, she and I took the 20 minute drive to the parking lot, quickly snuck up 600 feet, and were back to her gorgeous new home within an hour! For me, this was month number 200, a somewhat significant milestone. How long is 200 months? Well, it's 5 months shorter than I've been married; longer than 2 of my 3 kids have been alive; and just over 30% of my life. Brothers and sisters, keep on keepin' on!!!
I like your milestones. ;)

Great to hear it.  My family and I are also in the midst of moving into town...sounds like a great way to refresh a bit from my current life of boxes.  Look forward to exploring the area and meeting folks to adventure with. -Tim

There has been some discussion on these pages that, chasing TAY missis the point, or that it becomes obsessive. Well I hope to chalk up such a great collection of memories. Nicely done, and thanks for setting the bar just a notch higher!

Reply to this TR

june-1-2014-mt-bachelor
GregLange
2014-06-02 14:06:56