Home > Trip Reports > June 1-May 31 Paradise Glacier recovery ski

June 1-May 31 Paradise Glacier recovery ski

6/1/14
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by kamtron on 6/2/14 6:13am
Three months ago I busted my ankle getting rad on the "Flying Circus" boulder problem at the UW rock. Last week, I felt good enough to ski something mellow, so Meira and I headed to camp in the Stevens-Van Trump monument area and ski the Paradise glacier.

The glacier's in great shape, with the big crevasse at 8k only faintly discernible, although we still did an end-run on the left. Camping was serene and we were the only people in the area all day Sunday, despite seeing many hundreds of people streaming to and from Muir.

It's good to be back.
Speedy full recovery to you.  I'm glad you got out.  Thanks for the report!

Way to get back on em!

Someone in your last picture is wearing neon tights that would have been very in fashion for bouldering in the eighties and early nineties, about the timeframe that I last did any serious bouldering at UW rock.

Camping out there is a great idea. If one had the legs for it, could really rack up some laps of the best part of the glacier, with the benefits of early start from the camp.

WOOO nice Kam! Stoked to hear you got your comeback day in. Must feel good.

Thanks everyone, I think part of why it went so smoothly for me were the turquoise zebra spandex that I was wearing. Probably the ultimate material on a warm day... but not warm at night, as I found out!

Reply to this TR

june-1-may-31-paradise-glacier-recovery-ski
kamtron
2014-06-02 13:13:25