Home > Trip Reports > May 31, 2014, Silver slopes

May 31, 2014, Silver slopes

5/31/14
Posted by silaswild on 5/31/14 7:42am
Wow twelve hours later, black on the trail again. Girls this time yay!  2" slushy corn on west slopes at midday.  Well used slopes are so clear of pollen they are shiny white, and they did a great job of grinding the gunk off my skis!   Exit getting brushy.  Maybe time now to drive further to higher elevations. 

https://vimeo.com/97193413

Great week of skinning, skiing, and booting with friends, new and old.  Thanks to Mother Nature's outdoor stair master, I have finally lost the 10lbs I gained during the first two weeks of cracked rib recovery, lying on the couch eating doughnuts.  Hopefully more exercise will help me regain some aerobic condition.
Great to get some turns in with the Mayor of Silver Peak!  AP and Becky were happy to provide the ladiness.  Good times at the Aardvark afterward, too.

Nice day on the silver slopes. Afternoon start. Lots of cars parked along the road. There was a mountaineers post hole parade practicing walking roped up but they weren't too obtrusive.  Skiing towards the lake is still doable. The brush at the exit is getting tedious.  Maybe a good place to find your next Christmas tree?

Reply to this TR

may-31-2014-silver-slopes
silaswild
2014-05-31 14:42:25