Home > Trip Reports > Silver Peak 5-24-14

Silver Peak 5-24-14

5/24/14
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by snakeman on 5/25/14 11:09am
Fantastic day for a tour. Never have been to Silver Peak so did a quick search on the internet to find out how to access the Peak. Used to camp in the area and knew the road. Drove until the snow began. The road is a little rough but passable for most vehicles. Geared up and hit the trail at about 10:00am only a few rigs parked on the side of the road. Very nice tour to the peak GPS indicated a 1500 ft plus elevation gain.
Meet quite few folks on the way all very friendly. Reached the peak in about 90 minutes. Very nice climb nothing like Mt Snoqualmie. Lots of skiers going taking laps  towards Annette Lake.  Very nice aspect. Hiked there a couple of years ago and saw the nice slopes. Wish I knew that then for there was snow on the slopes. Took a run down the gut very good corn top to bottom. Took pictures and converse after the boot pack to the top. I will be there next week weather permitting. A great day of skiing. The fellow skiers I met were a fantastic group. Finally met Silas sure has a lot of energy. Hope to see you all again soon. Let me know if the attached link does not work.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90415057@N06/14083446688/
Nice ski action pics thanks Snakeman!
No one drank that good looking Fremont beverage you generously left nicely cooling in the snow!
It was still there solo bivouacked at the saddle when we left, I bet it did not make it thru the night.....

Great set of pictures Snakeman. You captured the Silver party. Skier with the yellow jacket is Eric who drank the ale. Skier 3 is me who took your JW pics. Nice meeting you!

Thanks for taking the pictures. Glad someone got to the beer before the bears had a chance. They can be angry drunks after hibernating

your photo stream has a nice shot of mofro and his companion nash dog.

Reply to this TR

silver-peak-5-24-14
snakeman
2014-05-25 18:09:21