Home > Trip Reports > May 16, 2014, Hurrican Ridge ONP, historic moment!

May 16, 2014, Hurrican Ridge ONP, historic moment!

5/16/14
WA Olympics
Posted by danpeck on 5/16/14 1:54pm
Conditions stayed sunny up high today up on the Ridge.  I was amply blessed today to take my 6 year old son Ethan on his first "ski mountaineering" trip.  It was definitely mountaineering for him and he had all kinds of pride telling his Mom and Sisters that he went backcountry skiing today!

Snow was surprisingly fun.  Not too mushy.  Easy for my son to boot in.  Easy to turn.

We did 4 laps together before it was time to go home.  And I had the opportunity to test out my new TTS and full AT set ups.  TTS was fun.  Strange for me to lock my heal on the new AT set up.  Tele is in my soul!

More pics and vid here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danpeck/sets/72157644295185449/

Awesome Dan!

Your photo brings back memories of when my son was about that age.

Cherish these moments! Since my son entered high school his own interests have tended to take precedence over the father-son trips. In a few weeks we're heading to Europe with his high school jazz band.

It's all good.

Hey Dan,

Your picture brings back so many memories of our sons, Brian and Danny on that same slope at about the same age................  great times, savor them.

As with Lowell's son, our boys interests did diverge from Jan's and mine as they grew older, fortunately their love of skiing stayed strong.

We miss skiing with you, let's get together sometime this spring.

Glad to here that you have come to the same realization as many others have, "If you fix the heal, you fix the problem................ "  ;D

Even one of our most die hard local telemarkers has come to his senses and converted.

Gary and Jan

Reply to this TR

may-16-2014-hurrican-ridge-onp-historic-moment
danpeck
2014-05-16 20:54:19