Home > Trip Reports > May 16, 2014, - Pineapple Pass and the Tooth

May 16, 2014, - Pineapple Pass and the Tooth

5/16/14
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Marcus on 5/16/14 7:28am
A conditions report more than anything.  Andy and I skinned on continuous snow from the upper lot to Pineapple Pass.  It'll be getting patchy through the trees below Source Lake with this heat, but the upper slopes and into Pineapple will be good for a while yet.  Quick climb of the Tooth with fantastic weather - thanks to the WAC class that let us hop in and climb through while they were getting set up.

The ski down was 8" of mushy and grabby in Pineapple basin, but the steep trees below were more consolidated and made for fun turns.  For TTS users, the latest spring cartridges from Mark are a HUGE improvement on the range of motion for the binding. 

Great day and company, and we beat the traffic home.
Couple more pics...

I think the "tooth" was my first rock climb in Washington. I was new to Washington climbing and thought most of the Crux's involved shoulder stands. I remember a poor tree was weighed down with years of old slings. Strange people called Mountaineers never trusted a sling they hadn't slung. Thanks for the memory!  Is the route about 5.5 in one spot?

5.5-ish sounds about right - there's a lot of room to slide left or right to move past other parties, which we did to get around the WAC groups.  Fun climbing - my first time up there, for all that I've been climbing in WA since I came out here.

Excellent adventure.  I bet the conditions will be pretty different this weekend.

Reply to this TR

may-16-2014-pineapple-pass-and-the-tooth
Marcus
2014-05-16 14:28:35