Home > Trip Reports > May 8 Ramprt ridge. South-end direct

May 8 Ramprt ridge. South-end direct

5/8/14
Posted by Jake the Brit on 5/8/14 1:08pm
I am celebrating finally depositing my self onto the Rampart Ridge, a minor conquest by some standards, but I swung at it 4 times, and the last is a peach.
I reckon with a full coat of powder a guy (or gal) could smoke the whole 2500€™ in few minutes and be rambunctiously happy for at least a week, until you had to go back & do it again! It€™s great line; Drops down the top easy chute, into the big bowl and then connects through about 100€™ of rock gully:
Then there is a lower snowfield under the cliffs (which my mid-winter photo doesn€™t show) and a choice of windows down to gain the easy-angled massive clearcut, where the pressure disappears, and you can just almost ski to the slide-alder-4wd trail. None of it€™s really steep except the exit from the gully, and it€™s only 20€™ of steep with no exposure, the gully had a bit of ice in it earlier today & luckily I was gone before the rain.
Since there is nothing left to drink except PBR in the house, I might have anointer one of those.
You still have PBR in your fridge?!

Glad you made it to wherever you were trying to go, somewhere up there. 

Don't you have a GoPro to document some of these trips?

Yeah, no Victor, no photos. No GoPro. No helmet either, I'd have to strap it to my head like Bijorn Borg

It really is a great line.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that called the "toilet bowl." Gotta be careful you don't get "flushed."

That is a great line.  I called it the "Soren Couloir" as I finally knocked it off the day fellow TAYer RonL's daughter was born. 

Gold Creekin' with minimal Gold Creek. Dig.

Good job! That is fun terrain over there indeed.

8 years ago Mike? How it flies.

Reply to this TR

may-8-ramprt-ridge-south-end-direct
Jake the Brit
2014-05-08 20:08:07