Home > Trip Reports > April 26, 2014, Mt McCausland

April 26, 2014, Mt McCausland

4/26/14
Posted by radka on 4/28/14 2:56pm
Weather looked pretty iffy and Kenji, Sally, Aki, and I had a hard time deciding where to ski on Saturday. After Friday's reports of instability, Kenji advised that we "sleep on it" which we did however when we met at 8 am on Saturday at a Park n Ride, we still didn't have a destination. The next step was - "let's drive and see where we end up."  ;D Stevens looked like a whiteout so we continued east where the forecast called for nicer weather but as soon as we crossed the crest, it started raining. So we turned and headed west again. Ha! Should we just head straight for pizzas and hot chocolate? Aki must have been scratching her head watching these funny humans in action.

Finally, we settled on McCausland with quick access to turns. We experienced all sorts of weather from sun to snow to wind to very warm to cold. Morning snow was dust on supportable crust. As the day went on, the weather improved and it turned out to be a nice day. The upper part of McCausland stayed firm for our descent, but everything from Lake Valhalla and lower were mashed potatoes with poor stability.

A few pics:

Lichtenberg had a recent big slide:

Lake Valhalla:

http://radkaandchris.smugmug.com/Skiing/2014/Mt-McCausland/i-JQTk6sr/0/XL/DSC_1637-Edit-XL.jpg" />

http://radkaandchris.smugmug.com/Skiing/2014/Mt-McCausland/i-76GtFMn/1/XL/DSC_1661-Edit-XL.jpg" />

Turned out to be a much better day than expected!

Kenji has some more pics that he will hopefully add. 
Sorry, Marcus.  We are well over the posting guidelines  :-[

McCausland:

Upward motion:

Lichtenberg:

A few more Radka's and mine

Amazing photographs from both of you!

Not at all Kenji - photo limits are in the past, the only aim is to go for quality not quantity.

Great pics, nice TR!

Thanks for the beta… definitely interesting conditions in these parts.  Hoping for some stability to do some multi day adventures in May  ;D

Great photos...

I can't see his/her face, but your dog looks like a clone of mine!

Sweet pics, thanks!

author=DG link=topic=31594.msg132593#msg132593 date=1398790433]
I can't see his/her face, but your dog looks like a clone of mine!

here is her mug shot:

Beeyooootiful.

Reply to this TR

april-26-2014-mt-mccausland
radka
2014-04-28 21:56:49